Playing an AWP online

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Drpepper

Playing an AWP online

Post by Drpepper »

How would people hypothetically feel about being able to play a pub fruit machine online?? I'm talking specifically about a Bellfruit/Barcrest machine here, so a properly licensed machine you'd find on a video terminal in any pub, and not made specifically for the online market (this thread doesn't need any jibes at Union Jackpots).

The reason i ask is i have an assessment centre for a gambling firm next week, and i'm just wondering how people would feel about the idea, or if they have any opinions on how it would be perceived.

I personally think that now analogue machines are slowly becoming a thing of the past, there appears to be a conergence between the traditional arcade machine, and an online gaming experience, and see that in the future, it could be a natural progression...

So yeah, how would you feel about playing a noel or something like that at home (assuming it's properly implemented)

Regards.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I think that's going to be a very difficult concept to sell. Especially here. A representation would never play the same as a pub machine, as you would either have to make it totally random, or incorporate the fact that thousands of people could be winning or losing on it at any time, making it seem pretty random. If it was just a terminal for every individual user, then it almost has to be random, as otherwise you're only playing to win your own money.

AWP's work best in a social environment.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

well said
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

I was speaking in terms of if Scientific games (or bellfruit/anyone) turned round and said we want to put our fruit machines online, and found a feasible way to implement it.

I'm more looking for how people feel they'd do online with the correct visibility/promtion.

Regards.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

You've not said how that would work though. It just wouldn't work. The whole point with standalone AWPs is that you have a chance of winning because someone else might have lost, or visa-versa. Without that social element, an AWP is just totally unattractive to anyone who knows anything about them - and quickly unappealing and boring to the layman.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

It pains me to say it but im with beardy on this one!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Well my thinking would be something along the lines of Union Jackpots, in that there is a series of game states akin to walking into a room with 100 of the same fruit machine with the player randomly assigned one, union jackpots proved that it is infact possible.

How it worked after that i'm still not sure but i don't think for the interview i'd need to know that much detail, hence i just want to know if the idea of an online AWP is a shit idea or not, if it is, then it saves me the hassle of trying to work out if it's feasible, and regarding that, you do make some very interesting points NB...
Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

It could work.

You pick on online "pub" to go into. This is then "your" machine. The machine plays as it would in the wild...how was it left by the previous player. Once you leave the "pub" it becomes available for the next player/victim.

They key would be to entice casuals to use the site.....and therein lies the problem.

People with "methods" are limited to the number of hits they can do in a day because of geographic and time constraints. Put them all online and that problem goes.

Interesting thread tho.....
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Exactly, for instance you can just have the names of 100 pubs or whatever, and be randomly assigned one, queue for a specific one, and have a set time where you have the right to return to the machine you played without someone else taking over....

If you get a dead machine, simply leave that pub and go to another one.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

it would be a constant loop of people trying 1 board
lukee1

Post by lukee1 »

mr lugsy wrote:it would be a constant loop of people trying 1 board
correct
Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

mr lugsy wrote:it would be a constant loop of people trying 1 board

Not if casuals can be persuaded to join.....
messiah

Post by messiah »

which at £10-20 a board as seems typical nowadays would be a nice money spinner....
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

messiah wrote:which at £10-20 a board as seems typical nowadays would be a nice money spinner....

not on the stakes that casuals will be prepared to play on
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Iv got lists.