Incident last Wednesday

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
redlinesman

Incident last Wednesday

Post by redlinesman »

Hi Guys,

Hope you've all had a good bank holiday weekend, maybe a bit of profit or maybe some relaxing time - either way I hope it resulted in a nice few days.

I have received many requests to keep the members of this site updated with experiences that take place when I am out fruit playing. I believe some people are irritated by my posts but I think a significant number appreciate my account of events that take place so therefore I will continue to share them using this medium. I must stress that the accounts I post are not constructed to shock, entertain or whatever else people think they are intended for, they are simply an account of an event that has taken place, if it boring or poorly written then that is fine as my intention is to tell it like it is in the best way I can manage. I often have a bit of fun on here with subjects such as Security and The Chief but I'm sure a few of you realise there is a serious aspect to it. My motivation? Well, decoding machines for a living can sometimes fry the brain a little so I like to do other things on a regular basis, whether it be reading a book, putting an experience down on paper, doing some exercise, or just about anything to keep the mind fresh and stop it from cluttering up.

As you've probably already guessed from the title of this thread, I'm going to tell you about something that happened last Wednesday near Nottingham. I was in quite a large public house off the schedule that was reasonably quiet with only a handful of customers in. The only people I was really aware of was a group of men playing pool whilst making regular trips to the bar and the jukebox, they looked a bit loud and some may say a bit unsavoury but nothing that you wouldn't be surprised to see in many of the pubs throughout the UK. I didn't really pay attention as The Chief was leaned against the machine next to the one I was on facing the most significant spatial area of the public house and monitoring the situation from that particular viewpoint. As I was playing my scheduled unit I noticed from the corner of my eye that The Chief was having a little giggle to himself, something was obviously tickling his fancy but I didn't stop my work to ask what, maybe he was texting on the job or possibly his mind was having a little wander in a place that was more or less water tight in security terms. I was concentrating on my unit and after a period of time it was beginning to play ball and so I could see the finishing line in sight.

Things had gone fairly well and I knew I wouldn't be spending much longer on the unit as I had secured the profit I wanted to achieve. This is the point when things got interesting as I began to collect part of my bank out and the 3 men who had been shooting pool approached me and the machine. As they approached I realised The Chief was straightening himself up a touch from his position of leaning on the other machine and was now holding a firmer stance and remaining confident and composed. As the men approached us their faces seemed a bit disheveled and one of them had a sort of evasive look on his face whilst at the same time looking like he had been hard done by. He was the tallest of the trio and easily the thickest set and he said 'We did our nuts in that last night, wiped us out, that'll be our fukin dollar mate' He was looking at me whilst he was speaking so I said 'don't think so mate, I've put plenty in to get that, it's just my money back' Another of the trio replied 'clever cunt, we did our fukin nuts in that last night' The Chief now stepped in and tried to diffuse the situation and said 'Don't worry fellas, he'll leave a couple of pints behind the bar for you when he gets them changed up' I could now see from my own eyes that the bar had been raised a little as the situation was becoming more emotionally charged, the original instigator stepped back in 'look cunts, we fight for a football firm and I want some of that fukin cash now' This was at the point where I first felt a bit of a ticker in my stomach as it seemed like they meant business. It was clearly apparent that these undesirables wanted a significant cut of my coinage and I knew that was clearly going to present a real problem. The Chief said 'Ok lads, we don't want any trouble' as he put his hand in his pocket and counted £100 notes out and held his hand out to give the money. The main aggressor let out a wry smirk as he put his hand out take the cash but on doing this The Chief fed him a straight, fluent, crisp jab with the hand he was holding the notes in that unanimously connected with the right hand side of the offenders face. It is a trick The Chief has used many times before down the years. The Chief prepared for retaliation but the guy was holding his face and had nothing to offer, his 2 sidekicks were now showing a changed demeanour as they seemed to be looking at me for an explanation, I said 'it's your call lads, you've made your bed and now it's time to lay in it' The Chief responded 'I don't want to make a scene out of this, but you lads are in the wrong, if you want to go outside to sort it out it's fine by me' The jab thrown by The Chief was straight out of the textbook and whilst it was in motion there was a warm feeling beginning to fill up inside of me, the shot was thrown with such technique and confidence that it just felt like everything was under control. It may not have been, but for that moment as the jab was thrown it overshadowed everything surrounding it, including the actual situation. The 3 men were now almost unrecognisable in terms of their attitude from what they had been around 30 seconds earlier, they were now apologising saying they didn't want any trouble and they promptly made their exit from the pub. The Chief winked at me as I proceeded to collect my bank and we finished up and got back in our vehicle hoping our next hit en route would be less eventful.

Regards, Sir Linesman
eurovision1984

Post by eurovision1984 »

great story sir linesman,
i used to go in those local pubs but now i go in the bigger chain pubs.
ob

Post by ob »

Lol it was quite well written Ill give you that! No one wor
th any brain would actually give any credence to any of your tales though ;-)
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Cheers Sir Vision,

It was a chain pub but not a weatherspoons or a beefeater. Big massive place that had loads of flat screeens in and think it normally gets busier on a night, wouldn't really expect any trouble in there though.

Kind Regards, Sir Linesman
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Surely you ticked off The Chief for getting distracted from his observational responsibilities. Does remind of that old youtube video when a few lads had a go at a couple of cage fighters who were in drag and soon felt the power of the right hook.
Roulette free since December 2011.
2 down for the melons

Post by 2 down for the melons »

Now that's what I call a good read.. :)
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i just read all that to find out about the new geezer, and not even a sentence devoted to the fuckin' new geezer.Harumpf.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

“we fight for a football firm" lol don't know any “lads" who'd say that!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Scott

Post by Scott »

betchrider wrote:“we fight for a football firm" lol don't know any “lads" who'd say that!

Exactly, nothing wrong with a bit of fiction, keep it up.
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

I went up to watch Ipswich play sheff utd a while back betch, me and my mate were in our usual drunken state eating in a pizza restaurant, we ordered another beer and the waiter said I think u better leave lads, thinking it was because we were smashed we said we would after this last drink and that we had no intention of causing any problems. With that a few lads came over and said 'have you heard of the blades business crew?' to which I replied 'can't say I have mate' he replied 'well if u don't fuck off now, you will do when u get outside later, we are the BB fucking C you southern cunts' to which my mate laughed out loud and asked if they were making a documentary!!

The blokes face was a picture, we ended up havin a laugh with them in the end, all be it on tenter hooks!

We left peacefully.
silent g

Post by silent g »

not had a punch up with drinkers, altho ive come close!
was in the divers arms in herne bay a few years ago taking out the alien, i got a no lose on a 2 then next board no lose on a 2 again.
collected up and walked out the door and heard someone call us wankers, i turned around in the road outside to see some big twat holding a snooker cue telling me im a wanker and he's gonna do me in.
i stood up tall and tensed up my shoulders and said "get out here in the street and ill kick the shit out of ya" he stayed in the pub swearing at me, i told him again that if he wants it to get out of the door and fight but he clearly had alot of mouth but no action,
could have been a tear up that went either way but i thought there was 2 of us and 2 or 3 of them, that was till i turned around and scottish bob was a mile up the fucking road!
they wouldnt come out and i'd be mad to go back in there on me own.

another time i heard "he better fucking get off it before i turn it off" i turned around to about 8 people all between 40 and 55 and took of my coat and glasses (i wear glasses to drive or look less thugish in fireholes) and said "what am i a pussy coz i have glasses on? , theyre off now so what you gonna do?"
i told them to try and throw me out and see what happens.
no one said a thing, they all shat bricks, i spun around and booted a bottle of j20 and a glass of ice and a pint of fosters off the bar and accross the room and told them ill be back to play the machine in a few days.
i never went back obv coz police woulda been called, they had a hi lo silver and cash or bust, now theyve got a mega thats allways on 70's :(
players are another story that i cant even be bothered to talk about.

my advice to anyone who gets threatened in a pub is, stand your ground and act like your soething special,
if yu backk down and pussy out your gonna get walked over,
if you stand your ground and act hard the chances are the other person will think that your either mad or a fighter and probably wont wanna take it any further,
worst case is you get a slap but your more likely to get one if you pussy out!
DONT BE A PUSSY!!!!!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

harry2

Post by harry2 »

You must get recognized all the time, though, G , being "quite" tall. One of mates was a chef, and all his mates were basketball players, so when we went on the piss we (they) always got stared at. One of his mates was over 7 foot. Was quite funny because their local was about 400 years old and had a low ceiling anyway.
Roulette free since December 2011.
silent g

Post by silent g »

im 6'8 when standing straight, manage to hide the machine quite well when im standing infront of it so i get away with many jackpots with no1 seeing :)
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Not as impressive as when a local reg drunk came up to me years ago when I was playing a r2r I think it was, he said here you are... fist in my face, when the fist opened it was quickly apparent that it was a cupped fart. Some of the shit you have to put up with huh.