Note payouts?!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

how do you here a note going in at range on top of all those microwaves humming away?
Richard

Post by Richard »

<== barman, fruitmachine > 1 meter away? cant hear that you have bad ears and no im not a chef lol
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

It counting notes in a coins out is not sharking define what is?
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

ok lol , silly me
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

I agree bar staff shouldnt play machines in there pub but be honest, if any of us actually worked wouldnt you do the same? When i helped my friend out at a truck cafe i made sure i ripped the machine!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Apart from getting lucky with a good deal or a GATW barman just fill it up.
Cobwebs 👆
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

not all chefs have been playing machines for years glendale.......i'm sure you would welcome them with open arms if they decided to watch :)
Jack bauer
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Now, now! Its been peacefull lately! :-)
I am Glendale, much better than you!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

Scott wrote:True about chefs, as soon as i see a pair of checkered trousers hovering about i tell my three man security team to order a 3 course meal each, that keeps him busy while i extract the hoppers contents.

mines soup of the day , steak meal , and treacle sponge with custard , cheers scott
Little discipline = BIG issue

The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

I must be the only player in the country who actually tips Wetherspoons bar staff. Give these people a break, they earn peanuts.

I've tried to explain this before somewhere, but basically staff can either be your friends or your enemies, it's really just up to you to decide which. I find it always works out better for me having them as friends where possible.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

^This!! I recall tipping a staff member £30 one day during the Xmas period (Had rolled 3 out of the Alien in there and really wanted to keep it sweet!) That £30 was turned into many more results from that machine. (The fact she had stunning baps was not taken into account when considering this gesture, of course...)

Also the offer of a pint to any barstaff helps ease the tension - and makes future visits more manageable (not always, but can help...)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

The Dark Horse wrote:I must be the only player in the country who actually tips Wetherspoons bar staff. Give these people a break, they earn peanuts.

I've tried to explain this before somewhere, but basically staff can either be your friends or your enemies, it's really just up to you to decide which. I find it always works out better for me having them as friends where possible.
I tip certain Wetherspoons and other pubs too.
That way, I'm less likely to be barred whereas others will be.

Plus they tell me when a player has been in and their description.

All cloak & dagger from now on!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Trying to get on first name terms is a good one, add to this to buying them the odd drink makes them feel guilty about barring you.
Cobwebs 👆
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

The Dark Horses Tips on Tipping-

1) Never tip the fitty with the huge baps. She gets tipped all the time, barely acknowledges your tip, and thinks you're just another perve who's only tipping her because she's fit (which you are!).

2) Never tip any staff member individually, it can backfire on you and breed jealousy with other staff members, I always say; "Put this in your staff tip jar", that way it's shared evenly between the staff.

3) Always try to do it in front of a manager, or better still, to a manager. Even if the don't like you they will respect you for looking after their staff.

4) Tip smaller amounts, but more often, I used to tip scores and now I only tip fivers and tenners but regularly enough to be noticed by most staff.

5) Tipping around Christmas time is great but it has less of the desired effect, staff members are often tipped regularly over the Christmas period. I actually tip less around Christmas time (call me Scrooge!) because the pubs are much busier and there's much less fire in general thanks to a bit of Christmas spirit.

It's good to see other members realise that tipping in chain pubs can be a profitable move in the long run. If more players tried to befriend their staff, instead of just hoping they won't notice them, there would be less fire in the game in general and a better work enviroment for everyone. Remember, in chain pubs the young kid at the bar today is often the manager of tomorrow, training them to be your allie from day one is always a good thing.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

1) Never tip the fitty with the huge baps. She gets tipped all the time, barely acknowledges your tip, and thinks you're just another perve who's only tipping her because she's fit (which you are!).
I epically failed at the first hurdle then... ...Nah, she's a good friend now which is handy - advises me of *cough* 'in's and out's' over the previous few days, etc. Even pops out for a drink now and then. ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."