REFILL DAY

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
remy

REFILL DAY

Post by remy »

I was out and about today, went to a pub which i knew was refill day none the less went on bully for you. It was playing well from the off and obviously backing cos of refill, but forced for darts marathon which cost 11 quid and it went for 56 quid. The question is refill cant change the % of a machine if it was pumped full the nightbefore or can it, am i being thick again. :roll:
Mmm beer drink of the gods
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Refills don't change the % of the machine at all. I can 100% guarantee that remy. :D

You just got lucky and hit it at the right time mate! 8) :)

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

But refills don't half fool people into spending more money than they were intending to. Dozens of times I've had to suppress my feeling of 'ahh, but it's backing...' and note the fact that it's costing £7 a board.

You can see why Wetherspoons are refilling daily, mug punters reckon they're quids in.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
remy

Post by remy »

So why are peeps scared of refills
remy

Post by remy »

Seems to me if they need a refill or not you aint gonna know anyway.
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

I'm finding more & more machines 'fake back' these days, I've got to the point where I pretty much ignore it now unless I know the m/c and the refill day of the particular location.

In the last week practically every Red I've played has been backing, but when you take a win (but don't collect)....lo & behold it stops. It's seriosuly pissing me off now, you would have thought that at least 1 or 2 (out of at least 15 different occasions) would be genuinely backing, but no. It's hard to get out of the habit of thinkng you're on to a winner, old habits die hard!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Texas Pete 2 wrote:I'm finding more & more machines 'fake back' these days, I've got to the point where I pretty much ignore it now unless I know the m/c and the refill day of the particular location.

In the last week practically every Red I've played has been backing, but when you take a win (but don't collect)....lo & behold it stops. It's seriosuly pissing me off now, you would have thought that at least 1 or 2 (out of at least 15 different occasions) would be genuinely backing, but no. It's hard to get out of the habit of thinkng you're on to a winner, old habits die hard!
That particular trick on reds annoys the hell out of me too. Backing.....take a £3 win off the board....stops backing for £3, then carries on. Surely it's got to be clamped down on.

Matt
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

every Red I've played has been backing, but when you take a win (but don't collect)....lo & behold it stops.
Heh - now this isn't necessarily fake backing. I thought it was for a long while, but it seems that Red machines work differently to most of the others, as in, they take the bank into account when deciding wether to 'back' or not. You win £25 whilst it's backing - it'll stop backing until you've put another £25 in. All other machines would continue to back until you collected the £25 out of the machine.

To sum up - I've always profitted well from a Red where it has been doing this style of backing. Worth remembering! ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

definateley agree with the above post mate

i key most reds near me
if they are say 15 off you put in 3 win 5 no false backing at all ever
it only happens on a full machine
its full you put 5 in win 25 then as you say it will not back for the next 25 if

it can be misleading if you are playing them for wins or red features etc
and using your own coins when full most of the coins you put in will not back i have had a bank of 89 on a top giza gained by a jp and red features and emptied it then i have keyed it and its only been 47 off
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

Now I really am confused! :shock: :shock: :?

I'm probably being a bit thick, but if the machine backs for a few quid, then stops of it's own accord without actually removing any coins from the hopper, then surely it can't have been full. If it was full, it wouldn't have the choice of what to do with the quids, they would have to go down the back until a win was collected.

The fact that it is taking quids down the back one minute, then into the hopper the next, without any alteration in the hopper level (collecting) on the part of the player, indicates to me that whilst the software registers that the hopper is not full, it is choosing to bypass it in favour of the cash box, hence fake backing.

Whatever the reasons behind it it's f**king annoying! :twisted:
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Matt Vinyl wrote:
every Red I've played has been backing, but when you take a win (but don't collect)....lo & behold it stops.
Heh - now this isn't necessarily fake backing. I thought it was for a long while, but it seems that Red machines work differently to most of the others, as in, they take the bank into account when deciding wether to 'back' or not. You win £25 whilst it's backing - it'll stop backing until you've put another £25 in. All other machines would continue to back until you collected the £25 out of the machine.

To sum up - I've always profitted well from a Red where it has been doing this style of backing. Worth remembering! ]

Yeah, that is fake backing though :)

If it stops going over the back and then starts doing it again without any being collected then thats fake.

Texas Pete - you aren't going mad mate! :D
Matt
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

...That's a relief, I was starting to wonder if I was talking complete b*llocks! :D

What I'm wondering is that with all this fake backing going on, surely cash boxes are becoming healthier as a result, unless the software evens it all out somehow, although I'm not sure how that would work.

Pub owners that split a percentage of the cashbox with the distributor at the end of every week must therefore be benefiting from this?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh - yep agree, this is 'fake backing' - but as long as it backs, ignore the fact that it stops backing after you get a win... It's still in the same 'happy mood of play'.. ;)

I notice this mostly from safecash type things. Backing all the time, you 'win' £2 on safecash, it'll stop backing for £2 and then continue backing. Wonder why Reds work differently to all others?

Agree also, that it is annoying... :)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr BIG

Post by mr BIG »

Matt Vinyl wrote:

To sum up - I've always profitted well from a Red where it has been doing this style of backing. Worth remembering! ]

What Matt Vinyl says here is correct. It is due to the fact that reds have double hoppers.

Try it for yourself. Play a red on refill day so you know that it is genuinely full and the above will happen.
neil222

Post by neil222 »

barcrest have started to introduce this way of backing now i have 3 ls which all do this. as soon as i get jp they no longer back until 25 has gone back in them :lol:
fat fat fat i tell you