Age groups!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Glendale

Age groups!

Post by Glendale »

How old are you? How long in the game? Are you still as hungry for money as you were when you started?
Im hitting that lazy stage! Hate losing in any shape or form but pushing 40 now and getting harder to get motivated, not a problem when im out, its just getting there in the first place! :D
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Slotter

Post by Slotter »

21, been playing fruits for profit since about 17ish i would say, and bored as fuck already!
darren

Post by darren »

I'm 21 as well, been sneaking into spoons since I was 15 to empty the ol lucky strike :lol: it was so much more enjoyable in those days and the money so satisfying I can't really be arsed with the hassle of it all anymore
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I feel exactly the same way as you do Glendale!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

20, been playing since I was 10, never really become a 'player' and just stayed as a gambler really but still enjoy nonetheless. Got a nasty pinball nature though so don't try and beat me!!!
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

25been playing pro since I was 17. Been bored for the last 2 years, who isn't? Lol.

I'm sure the excitement will come back for a short while when the pots get put up again.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I'm 19 can't remember if I was 16 or 17 when I started, used to sneak my older bros passport! Mam and dad didn't believe what I was doing took a while and a few pound coins to persuade them. They thought I was robbing and 'the machine always wins'!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

39 ,,,,,,,,,,, started on 2p £1.50 jp rat races etc

and despite age slowing me down ( its a hard slog checking a complete city centre on foot)

im still just as enthusiastic ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, love it

ive mellowed in recent years ,,,,,,,, though ,,,,,,,, and without sounding big headed ,,,,, ive got myself in a life situation where my monthly income needs are small (5-600 month all in)compared with others ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not under immense pressure like some.

because of this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i enjoy the spoils more ,,,,,,,,,,,,, so enjoy the job more.

in my humble opinion ,,,,,,,,,,,, i think anybody who moans about this lifestyle is just plain wrong . lest we forget this job has ALWAYS BEEN A PRIVILEGE - NOT A RIGHT ,,,,,,,,,, the companies owe us nothing ,,,,,,,,we are just professional fly's in their ointment ,,,,,,, if i was in charge , i would have blown us out with random's years ago (if the law allowed )

im back out tomorrow and cant wait
Little discipline = BIG issue

titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I think if people enjoy it, it helps them along the day for example if you actualy take an interest in machines you might look forward to going to a rare alien or electro or red gaming tucked away and it the only 1 u have and u smash it every week.

Then if you look at it the other way I'm going here there then such and such, iv got this to play. If you have no interest your not gunna look forward in to the day.

People say there is no fun since u learnt the boxes. But random gatw or a cheap rip should put a smile on any players face.

I'm gunna make a thread about what happend few weeks ago wen I was out with a mate.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I don't think it's fun and entertaining Playing the units themselves, the fun part is not knowing what the day is going to bring and that keeps me motivated. It would be even worse if you knew what was coming.

Also I hardly ever get the hump with machines, we should be greatfull of what we have. We all chose to do it and if players get the hump then they are more that welcome to get a job.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

24 now, started off in the amusement arcades playing the early MPU4's and never stopped :lol: .
yorkie

Post by yorkie »

trayhop123 wrote:39 ,,,,,,,,,,, started on 2p £1.50 jp rat races etc

and despite age slowing me down ( its a hard slog checking a complete city centre on foot)

im still just as enthusiastic ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, love it

ive mellowed in recent years ,,,,,,,, though ,,,,,,,, and without sounding big headed ,,,,, ive got myself in a life situation where my monthly income needs are small (5-600 month all in)compared with others ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not under immense pressure like some.

because of this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i enjoy the spoils more ,,,,,,,,,,,,, so enjoy the job more.

in my humble opinion ,,,,,,,,,,,, i think anybody who moans about this lifestyle is just plain wrong . lest we forget this job has ALWAYS BEEN A PRIVILEGE - NOT A RIGHT ,,,,,,,,,, the companies owe us nothing ,,,,,,,,we are just professional fly's in their ointment ,,,,,,, if i was in charge , i would have blown us out with random's years ago (if the law allowed )

im back out tomorrow and cant wait

43 and +1 with LEE, :lol:
mjd

Post by mjd »

27.. Mental age must be about 14
boom
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

43 s been 20+ yrs now
richy657

Post by richy657 »

30 always played fruits since i was a kids with my dad in the pubs, should of learnt the game years ago as i was raised in pubs lol only been playing serious for a couple of years, making good consistent money, love the lifestyle no boss etc but find the actual fruits very boring.