Worst hotels

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Wasn't for slotting but still, was in France, Amiens, what a shit hole it is there! Got chased up the road by kids trying to sell me weed!
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

A long time ago when I used to travel around, I ended up in Cornwall with another player. It was getting quite late, and we hadn't made any sleeping arrangements. Thankfully, we stumbled across some guest house in the sticks at about 9.30pm. We were in a quite isolated area, so decided to go for this one rather than drive some more.

The fellow seemed quite surprised to have customers, and gave us our keys immediately. We were so tired that we just went in, and went to sleep without looking around too much or bothering to shower.

When we awoke in the morning, the grim reality hit us. The room was festooned with huge mushrooms everywhere ! Some were even frisbee sized ! It was like the land of the myconids.

Needless to say we didn't return.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
bowie

Post by bowie »

anybody ever stayed in a wetherlodge? i can imagine they're a treat.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Antrim Hotel in Liverpool. The bar is literally someone's front room- although at least it seemed to be permanently open (albeit serving non residents who had probably been barred from 'spoons). En suite aspect of rooms was a perspex shower cabin plonked bang smack in the middle of bedroom. That's fine in a triple room if you want to watch your mates soaping thmselves down but equally makes one self concious about one 's own ablutions.
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

Stayed in a spoons in Inverness was nice
jetsetwilly

Post by jetsetwilly »

Travelodge (think it was as try to repress the memory) in Saltash couple of years back. Paperthin walls, felt like someone/previous inmate had wet the bed and the bath was :shock:
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Swallow Hotel, Gateshead gets my vote.

Was in Toon for a stag do, so literally chucked bags in the door and headed out.

Got back, to find cockroaches, and my groundsheet bloodstained in "that" area, ended up sleeping in my car :lol: .
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

I stayed a few days at the Parker Spruce on my tour to the East Coast of the USA late last year

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news- ... 1&showAll=
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

No excuses these days for booking a bad place because you can normally get somewhere decent online. I tend to stay in the Village chain as they are great value. Probably the worst placed I've stayed was the premier inn kingston at Hull, it wasn't that bad but just a little dated.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

bowie wrote:anybody ever stayed in a wetherlodge? i can imagine they're a treat.
Kings Head in Monmouth. Been there a few times and can't really say a bad thing.

As for worst, it's hard to say. Had good nights in most hotels. I'll have to come back to that one.
darren

Post by darren »

Drpepper wrote:Swallow Hotel, Gateshead gets my vote.

Was in Toon for a stag do, so literally chucked bags in the door and headed out.

Got back, to find cockroaches, and my groundsheet bloodstained in "that" area, ended up sleeping in my car :lol: .
Ive stayed there and thought it was fine. The fact they had a cluedo was also a treat :)
Master of Games

Post by Master of Games »

I never actually slept in it, but there was a hotel around my way which had a slow dial (could hit up to £12 on win stopper) which was always good for a ton raise every few days. Any time it went empty I'd fill it myself with a couple of quid because Gamesjoke would never fix anything promptly (nothing's changed).