Savings??

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Now that the game is slackening off most people should have AT LEAST 20k saved(conservative).What ha

0-10k
34%
10-20
6%
20-30
14%
30-50
14%
50-100
17%
100+
14%

Total votes: 35

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Scott wrote:I'm alright for a few quid, but i ain't got no trade to fall back on if it all goes tits up tomorrow, i'll worry about that if and when it happens. Live for today :)
+1
justice For The 96
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I live for today too, i had £6k saved up a couple of years ago, but spent half on a car, and the rest on clothes, holidays, gizmos and eventually the girlfriend. Don't put in the hours to save big, just play enough when i can be bothered to keep myself living the life i want.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

All this "live each day" is fine, each to there own, but when i quit i want enough saved to have made it worth all the effort that ive put in, so i save well but always have two days off each week!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Playing fruits = Cash in hand. = No Tax paid. = No National Insurance Paided. = If you do get a job in the future, say when your 40 and work for 20 years and then retire = Not a great Pension. The problem is, is that your not giving anything so you wont get anything back in return.

I wouldnt change my last 7 years for the world but there is a point in life you have to think about what your going to do. Its easy to live off your savings but when things dry up the money will eventually run out.

My mate decleared himself to the bank that he was playing fruits to earn his money. He gave an estimation of a weekly earn and therefore an annual salary and obviously after they didnt believe him at first. But after some serious talking they let him have a mortgage etc...However this was before the Reccession.

Or even if you sign onto the Jobseekers you get your National insurance/tax paid for + 100 odd quid whenever. That way it shows that your are still giving a little back to the community.

Or you could live in denial, burn fruits till you drop and maybe things will contuine to be amasing till you die. Therefore none of this will be a problem. lol :D
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

saving is boring, spend spend spend is my motto.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

To be honest, I do "work" too hard.

Out first thing in the morning and home last thing.

It's my choice.

But I do have a pension, and life cover as well as Critical Illness cover (as you never know the future (unless you are Psycho Cash Beast)) and private health care.

I - like Sir Rat - have a couple of ideas regarding the future, but for now I'll carry on with the machines.

Whether someone saves their money, or spends it on designer gear, drugs, rou or whatever, it's up to them really.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Glendale wrote:All this "live each day" is fine, each to there own, but when i quit i want enough saved to have made it worth all the effort that ive put in, so i save well but always have two days off each week!
Couldn't agree with you more there.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

toothless11 wrote:
Or even if you sign onto the Jobseekers you get your National insurance/tax paid for + 100 odd quid whenever. That way it shows that your are still giving a little back to the community.
Don't you mean taking FROM the community?
Bored of the grind.
messiah

Post by messiah »

sir ratholer wrote:
toothless11 wrote:
Don't you mean taking FROM the community?
LOL
spa

Post by spa »

Not all jobs require a CV, interviews, grades, training etc.

One I can think of, and would suit many fruit machine players is taxi drivering. Cash in hand, your hours.

Judging by the poll 2/3 of the voters could start up today with the savings they have and make £600 a week doing an actual job. It's up to you what gets declared at the end of the tax year ;)

I personally work full time. Play machines part time and between them make more than enough.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I know plenty of taxi drivers who say the good old days of that game are well gone, to many foreigners at it, its not unusual for a driver round here to put even local places in his sat nav, i end up telling most of them the quickest way.
Cobwebs 👆
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

At least if a player becomes a taxi driver they will know how to get everywhere.

I can imagine the conversation now...

Punter: take me to place x please.
Player turned taxi driver: where's the nearest pub to it?!
Bored of the grind.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Talking of savings. I saved £400 of a £436 gold pot today on a Rainbow Riches.

I slammed the dial/counter thingy to the max and it lost.

Fuck.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Without question a re-chase.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

sir ratholer wrote:At least if a player becomes a taxi driver they will know how to get everywhere.

I can imagine the conversation now...

Punter: take me to place x please.
Player turned taxi driver: where's the nearest pub to it?!

Yeah you're not wrong there! Once upon a time, taxi drivers were shown how to play Golden Games. So 1 or 2 Galas became ruined.

Fast forward to this year, and there's still a taxi driver who goes around playing Reds, Aliens, Dig Its etc.