What's the worst machine you have ever played .....

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Reel or no Reel by Empire

Played one twice for a board
Looks shit plays shit is shit

Most DOND's are pointless
For some reason red boxing now costs over £20 to actually get DOND and then get a shit box
Waste of space

That crest Indy grail one is so so poor
Gave up after 8 attempts on different ones each one costing £100+
Mostly from £10+ happy
And you cant even get a decent cheap board ever

agree with Cannonball too
How can a £70 snakes be that bad?
I would rather play the dirty £35 version than most of the crap that is churned out these days
silent g

Post by silent g »

Northern Monkey wrote:
silent g wrote:
Northern Monkey wrote: Funnily enough was just watching the fella with the designer specs on the rob da bank on platform 3 at London Bridge
wasnt me.
was he a black guy ?
Yep- he was sharking me once on the Indy Hi lo that was in the bar on the main concourse and came up and introduced himself once I had got a couple of JPs out of it and said damn I was sharking you- which was refreshingly honest....
black leather jacket and armani glasses lol, i asked who he was on here once as i was seeing him all over the gaff, including the railway lol.
his name is gregg, he's a nice bloke.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

MrRed wrote:Reel or no Reel by Empire

Played one twice for a board
Looks shit plays shit is shit
This game features one of the most appalling crimes I've ever witnessed on a fruit machine in my life, in that the mirror reel has a lose position on it.

It's ridiculous to think that you can get nothing at all from a perceived bonus, which you have to actually EARN by lighting three keys. A boxing glove might as well come out and punch you in the lips.

The fact that the game is designed around this so-called bonus reel staggers me, it really does.

Aside from spinning a 9 on a Roller Coaster or that line of 3 COMPLAIN squares in a row on Dennis the Menace, there's not much worse.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Mystery_Plum: You are so right! See my earlier post about this machine...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Johnny's Amusements

worst machine

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

Worst machine ever (in my view) was Championship Soccer & all clones by BWB. IT was just about impossible to win anything at all ! :(
Visit Johnny's Amusements @ 114 Gorgie Road in Edinburgh & see the newly opened Retro Section featuring old classics from the 70s & 80s like Line Up, Lucky 2s plus loads more !

http://www.johnnysamusements.co.uk
tommya

Post by tommya »

gold rush 35s and clones all absolute shite, show me the mummy red game proper nasty
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Those BWB red/blue games were legendary - you just had to know the sign. Used to get lovely £45+ streaks off those when they were near to 'boinging'... ;)

Gold Rush - not the worst by a long shot. Of course, you were always going for / hoping for the £105, but at least there was some gameplay. For about a month or so when the £70 JP was introduced, these were very profitable if upgraded from a £35...
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

MP quote : Aside from spinning a 9 on a Roller Coaster ...

only ever had this once myself ..............whilst numbering i think iirc wtf??? i was astounded.

edit: there was a 5pound monopoly( can't remember the name) that used to expire first press also.
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

[quote="Matt Vinyl"]Those BWB red/blue games were legendary - you just had to know the sign. Used to get lovely £45+ streaks off those when they were near to 'boinging'... ]

An amazing guy over at FE has managed to get round the security on later BWB machines. Fire and Ice is one of the 1st to be emulated. I cant wait! Volcano is another amazing machine on its way!
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

[quote="Matt Vinyl"]Those BWB red/blue games were legendary - you just had to know the sign. Used to get lovely £45+ streaks off those when they were near to 'boinging'... ]

Aye they made a well funny noise when holding if they were streaking.

5p in the other versions to see what colour the " balls " were.

Wasnt there something bigger on early Fire & Ice roms ??
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

HornyNick: Good news mate! Will pop over there and have a look. Great to have some of tthese to play with. :)
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

The announcement was only made a few days ago, so the first emus to be released will be a few weeks off.

This is the thread:
http://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/2 ... -the-year/
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

My worst machine ever was "Pony Express". I do like Bell Fruit in general but I considered this a let-down for them. I've encountered the £25 version in two places and a £5 version in a 3rd place. If I was lucky enough to get a reel win, I was normally dismissed before I reached an exchange point. On one occasion I did get invincible though, but otherwise, I didn't find the gameplay very good.

Next worst machine would be Pink Panther (clone of Getting Ziggy Wit It). I got 3 boards and it killed me on the 2nd number, always.

I know I'll probably get death threats for saying this one, but I must say that I never got on with Psycho Cash Beast either. It plays fine on the emulator, so I think that's more the case of it getting emptied by the pros, then here I come along as a casual player.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Unfortunately pink panther is gash if you don't how to read or play it.
badders2

Post by badders2 »

royal roulette terrible machine
pompey are in league one ha ha ha