Magnets

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

mr lugsy wrote:there was an article in coinslot a few years ago about a guy who got caught defrauding machines in my home town of felixstowe,funnily enough.

Anyway ,he is reported to have said whilst being questioned that he had discovered a way to cheat the machine with a magnet.

Now ......before anyone starts lolling too much this is what was reported and no deeper explanation was given.the only thing i can think of that it feasibly could have been is that old bgt lump of shite which had the ball dropping down in it for the repeat(random repeater? Or something) .this machine, as i understand it ,had a steel ballbearing to start with.
The game was Random Replay.

Many years back Barcrest had a game out called Gamball, with a hi-lo that comprised of a table tennis style ball that bounced around and eventually came to rest in one of 12 numbered squares, thus determining whether you'd won or not. With no tamper alarm the machine could frequently be seen rocking back and forth and from side to side, as people influenced the outcome with force.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

'random replay' cheers Rich.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

if you take a walk down Kings Road Sloane Street end, a Random Replay can be seen as of today in a shop front, fully working.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
chav666

Post by chav666 »

random replay was a class machine - I had the £15 JP rapeat 7 times for £120 and saw someone else get it for £150 - good going 12 years ago. Must have knackered the % and gone dead for a year!
Great feeling knowing there wa a truly random element to the repeat - manu's of today would do well to look back at gem's like this!
you want the truth?? you cant handle the truth!
levartemit

Powerball

Post by levartemit »

They sort of did with BFMs powerball. As long as you kept the ball running you could always climb to JP. However if you got knocked out and were futher than the machine wanted you to be it was guaranteed ? or game over next spin. Collect and run was the name of the game!
Spyder

Re: Powerball

Post by Spyder »

levartemit wrote:They sort of did with BFMs powerball. As long as you kept the ball running you could always climb to JP. However if you got knocked out and were futher than the machine wanted you to be it was guaranteed ? or game over next spin. Collect and run was the name of the game!
and talking about magnets...
im still waiting for a "powerball" to come up on ebay, im taking the fucker apart and seeing if theres anything questionable behind that pinball game.
levartemit

Pball

Post by levartemit »

Would be interesting to find out that it had been rigged somehow. The ball was non magnetic though AFAIK. Have suspicions Spyder?
ming

Post by ming »

take one into a pub and start spinning next to the machine just before you take your bank out and make sure the landlord sees... i'd love to hear what they come out with.
someone on here is bound to get barred. lol
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

mr lugsy wrote:'random replay' cheers Rich.
The £1000 version was amazing.

I had something like 98% of the jackpots out of it in Nottingham ;-)
:P
Bollocks to all you idiots!

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I would bet a grand Powerball was rigged.
Roulette free since December 2011.
levartemit

Bet

Post by levartemit »

I would bet 2 grand it wasnt. I never felt it was anyway! The spin after was certainly rigged but the actual feature I think was straight.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Powerball - there must've been a reason why it wasn't one of their most 'successful' machines. However, I'm unsure as to whether it was fixed or not - as mentioned above, would be great to take one apart and settle the argument for good!

I suppose it's no different to the current debate as to whether the DOND games are rigged? Is it simply the fact that the odds on you getting the £70/MS box or 'stacking-out' on Powerball are pretty slight - so the fact that it offers it to you 'occaisionally' is OK - it can afford it. Perhaps there's a seperate pot that when it is around the JP value, you are offered the game? Remember - PB and DONDs block out the game completely for large spells...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
levartemit

Block

Post by levartemit »

That was the good thing about PB in my opinion. Once it let you have the bagatelle board it couldnt block you since it had no control of the ball. Once control went back to the machine, i.e. all balls lost, it would certainly screw you then. Will say got a fair few JPs when the machine wasn't really ready to give them. You knew this by punting for next board and being twatted in one move more or less lol.