Here's yet another new one..

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Alpine021

Here's yet another new one..

Post by Alpine021 »

Again I'd thought I'd come across everything and all the idiots but no...

Was having a drink with mates and a guy was pumping Rainbow Riches. Now when I'm out I pretty much playing anything for a board or 2 - I don't mind losing a few quid.

Anyway went on it and some scallys were next to me (that's what we call them up here :wink: )

Anyway it's taking the absolute piss for a board then killing me on £2. Just about to take a win (was determined it would be over £2) and it came up with an error I've not seen before "coin mech tamper" or something to that effect. What the hell?

Anyway I flick it off and back on and one of the scallys says "you going to get me a drink?" I had no idea why. Maybe he thought I was winning.

So I ask why and he says "I won't say anything if u do"

"anything about what??"

"I know u scamming it and have a key n stuff" (I hadn't keyed it)

"Behave mate I'm just playing it AND losing"

"I might tell the bouncer"

"Go for it"

Anyway he carries on swaying and trying to dance (it's late)

Then says hes going. Tries to shake my hand and says "don't worry I won't say anything".

I was thinking I'm not worrying and u can say what u want! And lost about £20 on RR to top it off. Truely horrible programme. Getting a board 90% of the time is £8 if not more and even then the exchange point can be miles away.

£1.50 a pint though :)
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

All im gonna say is get ready for it!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

yup, coin mech tamper... that should reset your credits and bank too if you're lucky..

if seriously advice you that if you play that particular machine again, play one coin at a time, and collect any bank as you win it..

i lost about £15 in a terminator for more or less the same error... wiped the bank and credits, all i did was exchange the credits across and it started alarming... wank
Alpine021

Post by Alpine021 »

Will do.

Luckily it's only a RR and nothing decent. But I really think fruit machines should be in booths.

- I don't want advice

- I don't like being blatantly watched whether I'm winning or losing

- I don't like being called a lucky fucker when I put about £120 in for a £70

- I really don't like "drinks on you" Even in jest. It's annoying after 500 times.

- I obviously don't like being called a cheat!

- and most importantly I could key a red in peace :D

lol @ Sat morning rant. Feel better now. Anyway In really should be getting to a 12pm opener....
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Alpine021 wrote:Will do.

Luckily it's only a RR and nothing decent. But I really think fruit machines should be in booths.

- I don't want advice

- I don't like being blatantly watched whether I'm winning or losing

- I don't like being called a lucky fucker when I put about £120 in for a £70

- I really don't like "drinks on you" Even in jest. It's annoying after 500 times.

- I obviously don't like being called a cheat!

- and most importantly I could key a red in peace :D

lol @ Sat morning rant. Feel better now. Anyway In really should be getting to a 12pm opener....
Get tooling done in peace!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

As a little side note to this ,it is now illegal for an awp to reset the bank and credits,this was brought in with the new technical standards jibber to protect players banks and credits blah blah. these rules don't apply to swp though or anything manufactured before the date of the law change ,but if it's a new machine it does.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Lets go plugging mental la la la la!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

unfortunately there is a new system of memory protection to prevent participants from enjoying that jolly passtime.
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

Had this yesterday on a cash attack got the 20 quid tried to collect it and some clown had broke the collect button so had to plug it. So any way next board went in done a 45 top then once played my credit off had to wait for the payout to timeout and when it did paid out a 5er then whent HEY CHECK IT OUT and came up coin mech tamper opto block 2 or some shit so got the barman and he stood and stared at it for 5 mins while the alarms blasting away so he plugged it then it came back on and did it again but he gave me the money anyway!
bowie

Post by bowie »

Spyder wrote:yup, coin mech tamper... that should reset your credits and bank too if you're lucky..

if seriously advice you that if you play that particular machine again, play one coin at a time, and collect any bank as you win it..

i lost about £15 in a terminator for more or less the same error... wiped the bank and credits, all i did was exchange the credits across and it started alarming... wank
Happened to me on a Cash Or Bust yesterday too, not the normal crest alarm, more like a siren that goes for a few seconds then stops. Lost 2 quid bank, gonna collect and play instead of transer from now on, don't want a massive bank going missing.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

bowie wrote:don't want a massive bank going missing.
damn right..

im far too cautious now.. im collecting £2 or £3 banks from safes... but, actually in a pub, its not too much of a bad practice...
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Sorry if this seems a daft quesion, but what is the difference between an AWP and an SWP? :? :
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

AWP = fruit machine
SWP = quiz machine
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

AWP = amusement with prizes (fruit mcs)
SWP = skill with prizes (quiz mcs)

A gaming licence is needed for an AWP.
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Cheers GC! :)