Nobles

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
bowie

Nobles

Post by bowie »

Does anyone have a Noble's with £70 Hi-Tecs? Are Nobles arcades franchised?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

afaik nobles are the biggest family owned operator in the u.k (or at least they were) they are'nt franchised. they own amongst others, palace pier (brighton) and coral island (blackpool)......two of the best arcades in the land........................................there has been many a story of poor treatment of players in their establishments.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Don't think they are franchised. Started off running fairs, I believe.
Roulette free since December 2011.
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

Aye they do have 70's.They have that shity player type cabinet with 7 very similar multistake hi/tech awp's in( portobello), i think there is a couple of £70's in their Dundee gaff too.

Stands to reason they would have some in there busier shops.
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

Was in ayr 1 today and no £70 pots there except two player cabs!
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

We have about 4 player cabs.

1 cops and robbers video

and 1 big deal

all on £70

TBH Nobles is dross these days.

they also have 3 poker m/cs that never get played, about 10-12 magic sevens (or equivalent) mixture of £25's and £35's

a 3 player club ox type thing, 3 player bullion bars

about 10-12 FOBT equivalents (all fruits)

and loads of those "nobles" m/cs with cherries, bells, sevens and bars on (Jackpot £5 - 10p or 20p a go)

these latter m/cs are played constantly. (best ive had is bars held twice for £15) these things do give VERY regular jp's though. not enough to make a profit per se but enough to keep the punters playing.

also a selection of older bar x's set on £5 JP.

ther eyou go

Now no one needs to bother coming to nobles in York! :D
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

You might find it'll get a visit or two! 8)
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
JG

Post by JG »

Humpf :shock:

Yeah, I'll be up there to play out that Big Deal shortly.
grandslam88

Post by grandslam88 »

harry2 wrote:Don't think they are franchised. Started off running fairs, I believe.
Nobles are split into 2 companies. You have noble organisation owned by michael and luxury leisure owned by his brother Philip. You used to be able to tell the difference by the bins and carpet. It was one of their programmers who put in the Exi bar dump trick

The one in scotland is a different company same as the ones in bridlington. %. Used to be fair.
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

grandslam88 wrote:
harry2 wrote:Don't think they are franchised. Started off running fairs, I believe.
Nobles are split into 2 companies. You have noble organisation owned by michael and luxury leisure owned by his brother Philip. You used to be able to tell the difference by the bins and carpet. It was one of their programmers who put in the Exi bar dump trick

The one in scotland is a different company same as the ones in bridlington. %. Used to be fair.
The two brothers that run the one in Porto and Dunflum are Nobles brothers afaik.

Percentages are 88% min ( or at least thay were) which is decent.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Local nobles has got 2 £70 reds 2 £70 DONDs and a shitty shitty video cops n robbers which is always 70 off :p
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

betchrider wrote:You might find it'll get a visit or two! 8)
Good! lol!

I hope you all win. Ive decided to boycott the place - not cos I don't always win - but cos it's just boring!

They do have some relatively attractive staff in there though.

Go to Gillys on the bridge if you do visit - at least in there there is a load of old 5p play m/cs. Andy Capp, Pink Panther, Snakes and Ladders (Snakebite 4 free plays, lol!) but that one is always very quiet - has nice staff though.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

mr lugsy wrote:afaik nobles are the biggest family owned operator in the u.k (or at least they were) they are'nt franchised. they own amongst others, palace pier (brighton) and coral island (blackpool)......two of the best arcades in the land........................................there has been many a story of poor treatment of players in their establishments.
Was in Coral Island earlier today...first bar x 7 of the day was dropping in wins and not registering..obviously a reel/software error...still got a guy over and told him...had 10 or so credits to play down and it managed to show 3 sets of bars over the 10 credits...I was just expecting to let them know the glitch so somebody else didn't really kick off when they thought they had a win...but he paid up the £60 sniffs fair and square then switched it on and off and it was back to normal.
Of the 2 Nobles I have visited in the last few months, 1 had an Indy and 1 had STC both on £70.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
AMK

Post by AMK »

Yeah coral has an Indy and a stc. Also the same in T's. Look out for the 25 wobbler in the pryamid amusements. Bonus points if you can find 3 player 10p egyption gold :D
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

playwithrob wrote:Yeah coral has an Indy and a stc. Also the same in T's. Look out for the 25 wobbler in the pryamid amusements. Bonus points if you can find 3 player 10p egyption gold :D
I played a few Indy/Hi Lo's in Blackpool - they are pretty rife but all covered. No nightmares but I think the best I had was £63 for the ton off the top and then a Spanish Inquisition off 3 scousers who didn't believe their mate when he told them I'd had it. They even offered to let me know how to so sc for a price lol.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"